This article does not cite any sources. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||13 November 1830|
|Died||18 September 1897 (aged 66)|
Henri Chivot made his debut in the theatre with a vaudeville in one act for the Théâtre des Folies-Dramatiques, Sous un hangar. With the success he obtained, he continued to write comedies and dramas, mainly in collaboration with his friend Alfred Duru. His plays were presented at the Théâtre des Variétés, the Théâtre du Palais-Royal or at the Folies-Dramatiques.
From 1865, he became a librettist and in collaboration, particularly with Alfred Duru, he wrote many librettos for operettas or opéra comiques for composers famous in the second half of the 19th century.
He had three children including the painter Charles Chivot.
- 1866: Zilda ou la Nuit des dupes, written with Vernoy de St-Georges, for Friedrich von Flotow
- In constant collaboration with Alfred Duru for:
- 1866: Les Chevaliers de la Table Ronde
- Charles Lecocq
- Edmond Audran
- Jacques Offenbach
- Robert Planquette
- 1887: Surcouf
- List of his works
- Henri Chivot on Data.bnf.fr
- List of works by Chivot at the Index to Opera and Ballet Sources Online
|This article about an opera or opera-related subject is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|